Thinking about taking an independent trip to Europe? That's great. Independent travel is usually cheaper and more rewarding than signing up for a coach tour of Europe. Sure, you'll plan more, but you'll plan the things you want to do, not the things someone else wants you to do.
Our travel planning timeline is divided into five sections, each a roadmap for the things that should be done during that time. Use our travel planning road map, and you'll be assured of taking care of the very basic tasks that go with planning an independent vacation.
Click the link above to see what you should be doing six months before your vacation. Here's the basics of travel planning we'll help you with:
- Choosing a destination - the big task this month!
- European Guidebooks
- Renting a vacation house
- Learning a language
Three months before you go is the right time to get serious about your European Vacation Planning:
- Finding the Best Airfare
- Apply for a Passport if you haven't already
- Start thinking about walking shoes!
A couple months or so before you go you'll need to figure out where to stay and how to get around:
- Hotel Reservations
- Train or Car - Time to choose your main transportation
- Car? Rent or Lease?
- Train? Rail Pass or Point to Point tickets?
Think STUFF! One month before you to, it's time to get your stuff together:
- Travel Insurance
Time for those last minute checks before boarding the plane for that European vacation!
- Call Your Credit Card Companies
- Got Meds? Write Down the Details
- Pack Light. Pack Right.
- Final Check - Packing List and Department of State Travel Warnings