This article is a few years old. Beaches change. Perhaps you have a favorite place to spend by the sea in your birthday suit. Tell us about it!
- I think that one of the best nude beaches here in Europe is in Fuertventura where you can feel the freedom on the air...
- —Guest Sol
Polemi Beach. Kefalos. Kos
- Known by several names, Polemi Beach is fantastic, loads od space few sunbeds.
Far from the madding crowd.
On the main road from Kos, turn left at Magic Beach Fish Taverna sign and left at when you reach the beach,then drive 200 yards.
- —Guest M.D
The best nudist beach in Europe.
- Banana Beach on Skiathos Island, Greece is the best nude beach....most beautiful, cleanest, all nude bathers....the beauty of olive trees near the beach.....turquoise-blue waters.
Best Nudist Beach in Italy
- We found a great secluded, coved beach in Gaeta, Italy about one-hour north of Naples. It was lovely since it was nestled beside a jetty, which acted as a barrier keeping oily slicks from Naples coming up on the beach area. We loved camping on the beach even though it was primitive. Once the weather got warmer in April, we would camp each weekend, meeting up with friends and meeting many more up until the end of September when weather started to cool down. Since it was so secluded, it became a popular place for naturalists as well as textile-wearers. The waters were calm and soothing, especially after a hectic week at work. There were plenty of wonderful restaurants to choose from when dining, especially those serving delightful pizzas! A great place to go au natural and savor the waters, sun and local food! We loved living in Italy and surely miss all the wonderful times we had there, especially our little 'natural' beach!
- —Guest Jaycee
- One of the most beautiful nude beaches that I have ever been to, is Little Banana Beach on Skiathos Island. The unbelievably turquoise blue and clarity of the waters is unmatched. In August, this beach is packed with hundreds of nude Italians. Hot.Hot Hot.
My favourite Bude beach
- Corsica : Bagheera and the others on the east coast.
Austria . Millstatt - Pesenthein
Austria : Bad Goisern Hallstaettersee.
Vienna : Donauinsel
Vienna Lobau : Dechanztlacke
- —Guest zauberkoenig
Cabanes de Fleury, Languedoc
- If le Cap is a little overpowering and you like your plage naturiste to be just that, then Cabanes de Fleury may be just the place. Located to the west of the mouth of the River Aude, this is a sandy beach backed by salt marshes (which also contains a large naturist camp site in summer) with access from good car parks at either end. The first few hundred meters are basically textile-dominated but then it's entirely clothing optional. Freewalking (walking nude) is possible for a distance of about 3 kilometers. The sea offers good bathing. The area can be windy and there is little to no shade from the fierce midday sun, so consider taking a beach umbrella and, possibly, a windbreak. Most naturists strip off as soon as they leave the textile area. A friendly place.
- —Guest Paul
- On the Greek island of Skiathos there are a number of beaches where naturism is accepted as normal. The most famous is Banana Beach which is in fact three beaches. Big Banana is part naturist and part clothed. Small Banana is pretty well 100% naturist . Another beach - Mandraki - is also mixed with the centre of the beach for those who dont want to remove all clothing and the two ends are for the sunlovers who dont want any white bits.
- —Guest Luvpairs
Stipanska, Hvar Croatia
- (Editor's Note: This site does not cover Eastern Europe (Croatia), we have a separate site for that part of Europe, but I'm leaving this one in for its beach information) A beautiful island reached by a small motorboat from Hvar , with an restaraunt and all amenities. the boat trip takes about 10 minutes through beautiful scenery, finally reaching the long winding jetty onto the rocky bathing platforms or white sands. The waters are crystal clear,with views back over to Hvar island and the small church on another island. If its peace and tranquility your after this is heaven on earth.
- —Guest jack
Studland Beach, Dorset, UK
- On the south coast of England is Britain's premier naturist beach, contained within National Trust property, it has a fine sandy beach backed by dunes, the beach slopes off slowly into the water making it ideal for families with young children. This summer looks to be a good one for the UK, so expect this popular beach to be packed at weekends.
Parking in the NT car park, with a shop for beach toys and refreshments, plus the trailer kiosk on the naturist section.
Between Poole and Swanage in Dorset, in picturesque countryside steeped with history and plenty of things to do besides topping up your all over tan.
- —Guest Pete Knight
Playa Migjorn, Formentera
- This beautiful six-mile beach looks like the Caribbean, its golden sands gently shelving into clear turquoise waters. Add the laid-back Spanish attitude to nudity and you honestly have the best of both worlds, hassle-free naturism in the most perfect setting. Just 30 minutes on the ferry from Ibiza, Formentera offers bathing like the swimming costume had never been invented.
- —Guest Nick